COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information Page
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. Here are a few reminders for your in-person visit to keep you safe:
- Except for minors or patients who meet certain criteria, we ask that all patients come to their visits alone.
- All visitors to an ENT and Allergy of Delaware office must wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
- Please note that masks with valve respirators do not provide adequate protection to others. Patients who arrive wearing valved respirators will be asked to change into a different mask or cover the vented mask with another mask.
- We are now offering telehealth appointments. Please let our office staff know if you are interested in virtual care.
Please notify our office prior to coming in for your appointment if any of the following apply to you, as your appointment may need to be rescheduled:
- You are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Cough or shortness of breath, not related to asthma or allergies
- Sudden loss of smell or change in taste
- Nausea or vomiting
- You are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- You have been within close contact with a person infected with COVID-19 within the past two weeks
Individuals experiencing cough, shortness or breath or fever should not come into the office.
At this time, we will not be offering walk-in hearing aid services. To schedule and appointment or speak with someone regarding your hearing aids, please contact us at (302)998-0300, option 4.
We appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate through these difficult times. Please call our office at (302) 998-0300 if you have any questions regarding COVID-19.