COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information Page
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. Here are a few reminders for your in-person visit to keep you safe:
- Except for minors or patients who meet certain criteria, we ask that all patients limit the amount of companions at their visit.
- Effective 5/11/23, masks will be optional mask. We continue to be sensitive to patients that are more vulnerable and need to be protected from respiratory illnesses, including but not limited to COVID. We will continue to ask our screening questions at the time of scheduling an appointment and when you arrive for your visit.
Please notify our office prior to coming in for your appointment if any of the following apply to you, as your appointment may need to be rescheduled:
- Have you had onset of any COVID related symptoms within the past 7 days?
- Fever or chills
- Cough or shortness of breath, not related to asthma or allergies
- Sudden loss of smell or change in taste
- Nausea or vomiting
- Have tested positive for COVID within the past 7 days?
- Are you currently awaiting test results for COVID?
Individuals experiencing fever should not come into the office.
At this time, we will not be offering walk-in hearing aid services. To schedule and appointment or speak with someone regarding your hearing aids, please contact us at (302)998-0300, option 4.
We appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate through these difficult times. Please call our office at (302) 998-0300 if you have any questions regarding COVID-19.